Shuttles and Paid Parking
The success of our Colorfest 2017 was felt throughout Mentone and the surrounding areas, even more so than Colorfest 2015, which was over-the-top in attendance for our small town. The traffic and lack of public parking made it potentially dangerous to pedestrians as well as vehicles. Within a few weeks after 2017 Colorfest, Mentone Area Preservation Association (MAPA) board members and the festival chair met with the mayor and police to develop a plan. Since then, discussions have been ongoing and everyone feels that the best plan seems to be to provide paid public parking and free shuttles to alleviate as much vehicle traffic as possible. Full-size shuttle buses with qualified, insured drivers will better assure the safety of our community and visitors. Parking will be $5 per vehicle to offset the cost of the shuttles. Shuttles will be free to ride.
To reduce turning and traffic at the flashing light at the top of the mountain by the Mentone Inn, parking at Brow Park will be for vendors and musicians only and parking at County Road 89 and South Street will be only for handicapped and volunteers.
Paid Parking Areas
Watch for signs as you approach Mentone, including where shuttle parking is located.
Saturday 8:30am– 6pm—continuous
• Mentone Community Church Life Center 90 Summerville Road, Mentone (Saturday only)
• Mentone Arts & Cultural Center building site (.3 mile past the intersection of AL Hwy. 117 and East River Rd.)
• Mentone Arts & Cultural Center building site (NO parking at Mentone Community Church)
• Brow Park—County Road 89 at N. Cool St.
• County Road 89 at South St.
• County Road 89 at Mentone Springs Hotel driveway.
• Sidewalk across from the Mentone Market, west of Douglas St.